- Visitor Information
- News & Events
- About Us
- Contact Us
Completed in 2004, this suspended bridge is built on top of the Machinchang mountain. Accessible from the Top Station, the bridge is suspended from a 82m high single pylon and hangs at about 100m above ground. It swings out over the landscape to give visitors a unique spatial experience, and to bring them into otherwise unattainable locations, above virgin jungle with spectacular views. Notably, in contrast to a straight bridge, where the end is always monotonously in sight, a curved bridge offers spectacularly changing perspective that reinvent themselves, as one proceeds along it.
Measuring at 125m in length, the structure ranks among the world’s longest curve suspension bridge and constructing it was not an easy feat as the solutions had to factor the following critical elements; structural balancing from a single point (top of the pylon), optimal weight management and load distribution, pre-fabrication of bridge and on site installation. The entire bridge, in all its elements had to be lifted to the top of the mountairn by helicopter and was later assembled to its current position.
SkyBridge Temporary Route
Attention to all visitors to Sky Bridge
1. Please wear suitable attire and comfortable shoes.
2. Kindly follow alternative route provided as per signage.
3. Distance to Sky Bridge from starting point is 450 meter and duration will take approximately 20 minutes.
4. Elderly, pregnant woman, children below 5 years old and visitors with health difficulties are discourage from visiting Sky Bridge.
5. Please keep clean and no smoking
6. Kindly refer to signage provided at the alley for information and assistance.
7. The management of Panorama Langkawi Sdn Bhd will not be responsible for any accident occurred due to negligent by visitors to Sky Bridge.